Sunday 2 March 2014

Been playing with new paints


Evening all,

This is post is all about my getting my sticky mitts at last, on some New DecoArt Chalk paints and yes it is well worth the wait! It just slides on and I didn't even prep the wood first!





I started with a draw/selfy time thing, which was cheap as chips at the Craft Barn, some time ago. I have been using it in the raw, so too speak, waiting for inspiration as to how to decorate it. The paints came on the market and I thought yes, this is what I am going to use.



Gave it one coat of the lovely colour of escape, thought I would need more coats, but no. Excuse the fragile tape around the sides of the draws, but my low tack tape was in the car and it was pouring outside and I am very lazy.

Next I added a great stencil, by stencil girl, using a stiff brush I pounced through the stencil some Everlasting paint and left again to dry.




Next, using a cloth I coated the unit with Americana Decor Creme wax. Left until it was dry, then buffed up.  It looked a bit to fresh so I carried on playing.
Ruffed it up with some course sand paper, especially around the edges, wiped the dust off and  then gave it a coat of a dark wax. Buffed again and finally went over the whole piece again with the clear wax.

Hope you like it. 










Hubby say's it matches everything else in our house, old and worn.
Thanks for calling by and looking. x

9 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! Can't wait to use these paints myself...Mark keeps going on and on about them! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because they are Great Erin Stewart ;) great job Kathy, I have the exact unit in my stash and Kelly got me one as well x Great minds, they lend themselves perfectly for the shabby chic finish x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous transformation.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it.
    Debs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks fab Kathy! At last I've found you and now you will have to put up with my comments.
    The paints do look good don't they - can't wait to try them.
    Hubby never heard of 'shabby chic' then?!!
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! I love this transformation, great colour choice too :D x

    ReplyDelete